Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout Book TW-PLN separated from the Model File - Linking

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have set up
1. A Teamwork file for the Layout book and
2. A Teamwork file for the Model geometry with saved Section Views

It works very well to link the drawings in the Layout book to the external TW Model with saved views... but going in the other direction is where we have trouble. How do you get the Marker to indicate the Layout and drawing number?

In the TW Model file, we use Section Markers to generate a source View... I then have the project map clone all the Sections as saved views.

When i try to change the marker reference... there is no option to browse to an external TW file? I can put custom text in the marker... but then if i move the drawings around or change the sheet numbering... my markers will not automatically update!!!

I love how well ArchiCAD automatically updates everything else... Am i missing something or was this overlooked by Graphisoft?

Thank you in advance!!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
My genius co-worker Emmanuel answered this question for me... Thanks E-man....

The Marker says #DrgID and #LayID in the Model PLN... but in the hot-linked Layout PLN... the Layout Book shows the proper drawing and layout numbers in the marker....

So it does work automatically in the Layout Book... it just does not display in the Model PLN!!