Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout and source view

Anonymous
Not applicable
New convert to Archicad but wee issue with Layout. All was going well with drawing being placed into the Layout with the same orientation as the source view. However when creating an additional Layout the drawing came in at a different view orientation.

When in Layout I clicked 'Open source view with Layout as Reference' I note that the top of the Layout page is oriented West instead of North as per the previous layouts I'd setup. Any help out there. I suspect I've inadvertently changed something, question is what?
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
When you save a View it can save the rotation of the "model" so first option is:

1. right click on the View
2. Select Settings
3. Click on Zoom and choose "Zoom to Fit" or "Ignore"
--
4. Bonus is that if you double click to open the view, then rotate it (using Orientation) and then choose Settings-> Zoom -> Use Current Zoom then it will save the drawing rotation.

-----
If this does not solve the issue then it could be that you rotated the Placed View in the Layout and in that case you can rotate it back.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Eduardo, this did not work for me, tried going into View Map settings and selected each zoom option but no joy. Failing this I've also checked that the project location and project north orientation are still the same as originally set up; which is the case. I have also tried going through the standard sequence of creating a new layout i.e. Organiser - Project Map - View Map - Layout Book; but the View Map dwg is still placed at a different orientation as to that which the Project Map model is (north orientated).
Is it possible for the Layout Book to have become orientated West (in this case) as opposed to North, hence the View coming in so as to ensure north is to the top of the Layout Book??
Eduardo Rolon
Select the view you placed in the layout, right click and select settings and check that you have not rotated the view in the layout (Under Size and Appearance).
Also, screenshots of the problem help to understand what is going on.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
Post moved.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11