Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Lost Layers found, project file location. How to file back?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about title.
I lost my electrical lighting and receptical plans. The whole project was miss filed when I completed these drawings. I have since moved on and updated the project.
How can I bring these files back into the updated drawing file without changing other parts of the drawings?
I believe that I could somehow just select the layers with the lighting switches, notes, outlets and somehow add them to the existing file.
I would really be thankful for your ideas as there is a lot to loose if I do this wrong or have to recreate it. I will make a back up, but can not afford mistakes or my individual experimentation at this time.
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
dan:

If I understand your problem correctly, I would just open a second copy of ArchiCAD (there is a check box for this in the lower left corner of the Open dialog box) and select the items you want to add to the newer file (Find & Select... could help), copy them, and then paste them into the newer file. These items will come in at the same location and on the same layers (assuming the layers are the same between the two files). This has the advantage that you can see what is being added, I think a merge of some sort would be more difficult to manage.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dave, everything is working fine. Dan