BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

North!!!!

cmb
Contributor

Can anyone explain how to make building elevation tags/names match the north setting in location settings?

I have north set to 23 degrees and the elevation on the plan's right side looking at that side is labelled "East".

Screenshot 2023-04-27 172950.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I just figured out that you need to rename the elevation using a proxy name, because archicad doesn't allow you to change an elevation name to an existing elevation name. So, changing East to North1 instead of North works. After going around with proxies, you can then shorten them to just North, etc.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

It is probably just written as "East" in the elevation settings (name/ID).

I am not sure if there is a way to get the direction automatically.

I think you can with internal elevations but not with external elevations (I may be wrong about that).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

I just figured out that you need to rename the elevation using a proxy name, because archicad doesn't allow you to change an elevation name to an existing elevation name. So, changing East to North1 instead of North works. After going around with proxies, you can then shorten them to just North, etc.

Just work backwards, so following your "North1", you can name rename "South" to "East", etc.. That way you only have a single proxy.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

I’d say having to do this manually is a flaw/ oversight. Seems like it should be linked to project north, with the option to override it.

Yeah, you would think that it would be an Autotext option...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!