Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM 9.0 - Sheets published in succession; keeping old dates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plotmaker 9.0 has been great for us in so many ways (we upgraded from 7.0), but today I stumbled across something that isn't working so well. I'm hoping there is a simple workaround.

One use for Plotmaker in our office is to generate 8.5x11 "SK" sheets as they are needed during construction administration. Each sheet should reflect the date it was published (rather than being seen as an addendum or revision to an initial publication). And, as we make a new SK, earlier SK's should reflect their original publication dates, not get revised at the creation of the new sheet to falsely indicate that it was published at that later date.

It sure doesn't seem like that can happen with any auto-fill text, nor even with a master sheet item. But I would be amazed (and disappointed) if the best way to do it is leave the date field blank on the SK master, and simply throw a piece of date text into each new layout. This would really butcher the power of a template.

Have I made this clear? Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Butcher away Robert. Then post your vote at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5490&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=revision...

Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers,
Link.
Aussie John
Newcomer
As a record you can never be sure if a layout has been changed from when first issued. As such I think theonly way is to make a PDF set of the important issues. Then there is no doubt.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Ben Cohen
Advocate
I have been working on a template that uses excel to keep track of revisions. Using a OLE linked excel spreadsheet to list revisions then copy and paste as a link back into plotmaker is a very easy way to manage revisions. I have set up one excel file that has tabs for each page in the layout book. Excel then counts the number of tabs (or worksheets) to get my total number of layouts. Also the excel function now() can be used to get the exact date and time that the spreadsheet was opened. (which is the same as the time the layout book was opened.)
On top of this, you just right click to get directly to the excel page from plotmaker

Cheers

Ben

I dont know if mac's can Ole link
Spreadsheet.jpg
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Ben Cohen
Advocate
and here is how it looks in plotmaker. Keep in mind this is a Work in Progress
Ben Cohen