Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM: Drawing Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a .lbk made with View Set I found my PC read under Drawing Usage/Status row "modified", but in other PC's at the network read "Not read yet". So i can see all the view set fine, but my teamworks can't. Any idea?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
YA.H.VE wrote:
In a .lbk made with View Set I found my PC read under Drawing Usage/Status row "modified", but in other PC's at the network read "Not read yet". So i can see all the view set fine, but my teamworks can't. Any idea?
Is it possible that you have not yet Shared the View Set?

When one creates aView Set in a TeamWork project, other team members will not have access to that set unless it has been shared by the creator of the set.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
yamil-

the "not read yet" message appears when a machine has never before loaded the particular view from the archicad file. Plotmaker stores an image of the view in pmk format in each user's preferences. it then compares the creation time of the pmk with the status of the ArchiCAD file to determine if the file needs to be updated.

your solution here is simply to go ahead and "update all" from those other machines. they will load the AC file and the views and then you wont get the message anymore...

hth,
wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Woody, the view set is already shared.

Weston, everybody had open the file in AC and the problem persist. more than that, some views are moved in the layout in my teammates PC's
Anonymous
Not applicable
let me see if i understand the problem-

---a team mate opens the lbk file, and they see blank boxes instead of the intended linework, and the navigator says "not yet loaded"

---when opened on your machine, the lbk looks right.

does that describe the problem? if so, what I describe above will work. have your teammate tell plotmaker to update the view labeled "not yet loaded". if that doesn't work, please describe with a little more detail, or post some screenshots.

also, please note that plotmaker cannot work on the same drawing simultaneously from different machines. it sounds like you might have the book open in 2 places at once?

wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Weston, what you said is right. But if my partner update al of those view, some of them moved out of the layout, then he has to put it back and if someone else open the lbk in other PC (when he closed of course) the updated process start again. Other teammate has a different problem with that file. In his case some view are not readded at all while the .lbk is loading. I don't know if this problem is related with a "Error while loading Library Parts Elements" message when the lbk is open or updated.