Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PlotMaker Archives as .PDF

rm
Advisor
Given every couple of years AC/PM changes enough that we have found it very useful to archive a "Digital Hard Copy" of final PM layouts for each phase of a project ie...Bid Set, Permit Set, Construction Set, etc.

This has proven to have several benefits for us, including easy to view files for our clients who can print them at will (if we authorize them to do so) without needed PM. It is easy to print a project several years old if needed to without the possible need of opening an old PM file that may or may not have gone south.

To my question.....when ever we "Print" to PDF from OSX on a Mac, we get corner "hash marks", I assume this is a feature in PM for joining segments of a plot together if one does not have a printer large enough to print the file to.

That said, does anyone know how to not have these show up on a print or PDF file? Visually they are annoying, I would like to be able to turn them off. I minor issue I know, but we would prefer not to have them.

Or is this one of those issues that just doesn't warrant GS time to change?

Thanks!
Architects Design Forum, Ltd.

Robert Mariani
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
rm wrote:
To my question.....when ever we "Print" to PDF from OSX on a Mac, we get corner "hash marks", I assume this is a feature in PM for joining segments of a plot together if one does not have a printer large enough to print the file to.

That said, does anyone know how to not have these show up on a print or PDF file? Visually they are annoying, I would like to be able to turn them off. I minor issue I know, but we would prefer not to have them.
I think using the "shrink oversize layout to page" and keep the 100% scale will do the trick...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Set up custom paper sizes in the Page Setup dialog. It is in the settings dialog and you can create any size you want. (There may be some upper limit, but 36"x48" works so I haven't run into it yet.) Use these when making your PDFs and they will print properly to any size device.

Just be careful when printing scaled drawings (full of half size). Since Preview and Acrobat default to shrink to fit available margins, if you set the margins too thin (or zero) on your large sheet sizes you can end up with prints at 98.5% (for example) of original size.

Make sure to take the time to test the process on you own equipment before you set it up as an office standard.