Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Possible to change the origin of a layout?

JGoode
Expert
Hello,
I have locked elements on my layouts that I don't want to move if I change from say A3 to A1. Is it possible to change the origin of a layout so that when I switch from one size to another, my object doesn't move. e.g move origin from bottom left to bottom right

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
12 REPLIES 12
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We control everything in the title block with autotext, either through the Project Info or the Layout Info Scheme.

Not a solution directly for your object, but it means we can switch masters without having to worry about things that are supposed to be placed in the title block.

We still might have some legend / schedule that needs moving, but they are sort of hard to miss (large enough to notice).

Our title blocks are worksheets saved in the project and linked as drawings to our masters. The possible changes are autotexts in those titleb blocks linked from the Layout Info Scheme. In some cases this is not ideal (sheet size is one of the fields and you need to remember to change that one), but we can't win 'em all.

Things we have arranged per layout info:
- project status
- date written out full
- date written out with numbers
- change dates (A to G)
- sheet size

Project Info specific are:
- client info
- company info (that's us)
- site info
- person in charge of the project

Perks: very quick to change things. You either change it once in Project Info and it changes on all layouts or you select your layouts and change the info. You can sort layout book by subset, master and current issue and this helps with easy selection.

Cons: some changes can't be automated, like the sheet size.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JGoode
Expert
It's not the title block itself, but an 'invisible' fill object that is placed on all layouts (apart from masters). The reason for it being over the title block is so that our users know how to access it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible. The object is locked so the users cannot move it after it has been placed in the template.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Barry Kelly
JGoode wrote:
I'm not sure I explained clearly. In my layouts (not masters), I use the master layouts as templates. I place my object on the layout (not the master layout) in the title box.
Anything you place on the layout you will have to manually move when you change the master size/orientation.
The origin of a layout is always the lower left corner, so the page position will always remain constant at this point (I assume for printing purposes).
As can be see anything on the master can be anchored so it remains relative to that anchor point on the page when master is resized.
But this does not apply for anything you place in the actual layout page.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11