Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printer Crashes Since Mountain Lion Update

Anonymous
Not applicable
2 weeks ago my AC15 was printing on my printers. Since I updated to Mountain Lion ArchiCAD crashes when I print some drawings (not all drawings). Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so is there a work around?

I have gone right through the AC model and fixed any red triangle problems and updated all files and it still isn't working? I even tried deleting any old library parts! No invalid elements are left in the file and it still won't print.

Any assistance gratefully accepted. Trying to print off a job.

By the way it crashes when trying to make PDF's as well.

Thanks,
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I will roll back to Lion by pressing Command and "R" on booting up. I am new to macs and restore was an easy option on PC's. Has anybody had problems rolling back software on mac's?

Thanks,
Eduardo Rolon
I have been using 15 with MLion without problems since it was released.
I have not had trouble creating PDFs nor printing.

Things to check before re-installing:

1. Check the location to which you are saving the PDFs if you do not have write access (or the path is too long) to it that might be the cause for the crash. Try changing it to another place and try to publish PDFs from another file to see if it works.

2. Reset the printing system. You do this by going into Printing and Scan within System Preferences, control clicking the printer and select "Reset"

----
As for rolling back to 10.7 it is trivial if you have a clone of the Hard disk (using either Superdupper! or Carbon Copy Cloner) just boot from that Hard disk.
You could reinstall 10.7 if you have your copy of the instaler and you have Time Machine BackUps that have not been converted to MLion.

If you have neither of those then it might be impossible to do and keep your data.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,

I tried resetting the printers but unfortunately that didn't work.

My only work around is to use an old PC computer and hope all the libraries work. So far so good and the file is printing.

I hope Apple and Graphisoft work this out soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The file printed on the old PC machine but still won't print on the imac with mountain lion installed?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded AC16 this morning and the file prints! The file still won't print in AC15! At least I can use my iMac again even though I am going to have to take the risk of opening current projects in AC16.
Eduardo Rolon
Yesterday Apple posted updated Printer Drivers for MLion, check the App Store to see if yours is included and it helps.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for the comment. I actually did the upgrade from Apple first yesterday morning but the file still would not print in AC15.

Then I upgraded to AC16 and the file printed. I then tried again to print the original file in AC15 and it still didn't print.

Very confusing. I am an architect and not a computer technician and I don't know why this is happening. I am disappointed with this episode and the way my files now don't print in AC15.

I have sent numerous bug reports to GS but still do not have a fix.

Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS have advised there is a bug fix coming for this problem. Apparently the fix is already included in AC16.
Gabor Almasi
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear all,

Thank you for your comments, for more information you can read this wiki article: http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/PdfExportCrashOnMac

Regards,
Gabor Almasi
Senior Product Manager
GRAPHISOFT