Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Reflected Ceiling Plan - setting up the sheet

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just spent time with a trainer a few days ago and I asked him how to set up a reflected ceiling plan. He said the sheet was there, you just go to it and you start your plan. I have NO sheet there to go to so I need to create it. I find the help sections here never go over the simple basics and I get stuck and cannot move forward. I'm on a deadline and totally frustrated. I don't want a 3D document (or don't think I want that because it looks funky and doesn't seem to cut appropriately). Can someone tell me the simple steps to set up a reflected ceiling plan so I can get my lighting done?
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
AWilson:

I don't know your standards for a RCP, but two things to get started:
1. Set up a Layer Combination for what needs to be shown and hidden.
2. Set up a Model View Option that Show Opening Only for Doors and Windows.

You can post an image of your standard RCP to help explain what you want to achieve.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no "standard"! I'm a one person show. I've been learning ArchiCAD on my own which has not been easy. I'm on ArchiCAD Solo 20 on PC. Whatever I create is becoming the standard IF I can figure it out. What you just said to do is completely foreign to me so I'll see if I can do it. Usually there's always some tiny basic command I don't know or understand and ArchiCAD fails to go over those tiny basics and I look for hours trying to find what I need to no avail. I'll be back on to share if I can or cannot get this done.
Anonymous
Not applicable
AWilson wrote:
There is no "standard"! I'm a one person show. I've been learning ArchiCAD on my own which has not been easy. I'm on ArchiCAD Solo 20 on PC. Whatever I create is becoming the standard IF I can figure it out. What you just said to do is completely foreign to me so I'll see if I can do it. Usually there's always some tiny basic command I don't know or understand and ArchiCAD fails to go over those tiny basics and I look for hours trying to find what I need to no avail. I'll be back on to share if I can or cannot get this done.
Hi AWilson, did you saw the Archicad Training? If not I will recommend that you see them and learn from them, If you are used to others software you will try to make Archicad work the same way as others. Archicad works a little different than others, but when you learn you will see that is easy, make sense and is intuitive.

A ceiling plan is basically a floor plan with different layer combination, showing some layers and hiding others plus changing how some elements looks, so my advice is that you should see how ceilings plans are done in your region and then decide how you want yours, then try to achieve what you want using the visibility options in Archicad (Layer combination, Graphics Override, Model View options, etc.)