Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

!Restored: Sloooooooooww dwg publlisher V11

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Has anyone else noticed this problem? Publishing from layouts to .dwg is very slow.....up to 30 minutes. Does not freeze up PC, but so sloooooow.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found it extremely slow when using the "For Further Editing" (about 30 min per sheet) in the DXF-DWG Translation Setup no matter how many fills or how complex the drawing is on the sheet. So I normally chose "For As Is Output". Takes about 10-30 sec per sheet with that setup. The only time I use it is to provide DWG sheets to consultants and they usually strip them anyways so "For As Is Output" and "Paper Space with Full Drawings content", works for most consultants needs......so far.

Jim
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your suggestions, guys.

After stripping the drawing down to one floor plan and one view, the problem still existed.

I found that, if I opened a new file, and copy-clipped the floor plan and view into that file, the problem went away. It would however be extremely laborious to do this with the whole of the original file!

Went back to the original and tried changing to 'As Is Output' - and this did the trick, thanks Jim, so I'm hoping our consultants can work with that.

Keith

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!