Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

!Restored: publishing to a pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had an experience late on Friday trying to get a project out to the printer before a deadline. Sound familiar? We generated a 3d rendering and mounted it to a presentation layout. We then tried to publish it as a pdf. We have never had any problems doing this in the past and had done some earlier in the day. For some reason it kept saving the file with a 'dot' at the front of the file name. FYI: This means that it is a system file and is invisible. I went into the Layout Settings and the Auto Book setting is .1 for Subset ID. I checked the Custom ID box and changed it to 1, to 00 and various others but it kept saving as .1 or .01. I did a 'find' on the server that I was saving it to and I can see all of them but they are not accessible. After a couple of hours at this I just printed to a pdf file and went home.

I notice that on our other projects the Auto book and Subset Assignment do not have a 'dot' in front. So how do I change that setting?
2 REPLIES 2
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Can you not just rename the PUBLISHER NAME (not the layout name)?

Also, a slightly different issue... if you have the PDF open that you are trying to overwrite on your hard drive, it will give you an error...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't have the pdf open at the time.
I am not sure where i would rename the publisher name. I did change the name under the Properties settings but that didn't help. The issue seems to be with the automatic ID.