Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Roof material not showing up on sections or elevations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all -

New to ArchiCAD here. Having a hard time figuring out why my roof material is not showing up on my sections and elevations. It shows up fine in the 3D model view. I remember tinkering with a setting someplace and I think I must have turned it off...not sure what I did though. This is one area I'm having a hard time grasping - any help, tips very much appreciated! Thank you!
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
SJPHouse:

Check the Surface being used for the Roof > Vectorial Hatching; this is the hatching applied in section, elevation and 3D views. The Cover Fills are for the 2D view.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you - I checked and it seems as if the vectoral hatching is set correctly...I think. Here is a screenshot...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is another screenshot showing the roof settings...thank you!
What happens when you check "Use Fill from Surface"? Also recommend checking "align with pitch." It will look more realistic.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Richard -

I tried checking "Use Fill from Surface" and it didn't change anything...I have two different roof types also and this seems to be happening on all the roofs not sure why...thank you though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Figured it out! I had changed something in the Document> Graphic Overides> Graphic Overrides Combinations - it was there I had changed it to "Cover Fills Empty" - why I have no clue - but changing that back seems to have fixed everything.

Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
What you referred to in Documents, I can't seem to find it in Archi cad 18. Once I open Documents menu there's no Graphic Override Menu.

Can't find Document>Graphic Override Combination.

Please help because I still have the issue of roof material not showing on my elevations and section now.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Eguavoen wrote:
What you referred to in Documents, I can't seem to find it in Archi cad 18. Once I open Documents menu there's no Graphic Override Menu.

New feature to AC20

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660