Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sequential Numbering of Details in PM, is it a Wish?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
In master layout of PM, when using grid to assign drawing numbers is used, is it possible to have the drawings be numbered sequentially? Right now if a detail occupies let say two cells it is numbered as “1” but the 2nd detail that is in cell 3 is numbered as “3”. This is logical but not practical. We get calls from the contractor and the plan checker on where about of detail #”2”. A sequential numbering option is needed. Is it a wish list item?
Thanks,
Joseph
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a trick to getting around this.

When placing the 3rd detail, stretch the top or side of the detail boundary box until it is over grid 2. It will then be numbered correctly.

You might have to play around with this a bit to get all the numbers to be correct, but it will work until GS gets a different setup for Plotmaker.

Grant
Anonymous
Not applicable
NOELDESIGNS wrote:

When placing the 3rd detail, stretch the top or side of the detail boundary box until it is over grid 2. It will then be numbered correctly.

You might have to play around with this a bit to get all the numbers to be correct, but it will work until GS gets a different setup for Plotmaker.

Grant
Thanks,
I knew I could count on all for a work. Has this been posted as a wish or I should add it?
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
NOELDESIGNS wrote:

Grant
Tried it, the numbering works but I lost the grid line it self! any work around on that?
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately not a perfect workaround. Yes, the gridlines will need to be turned off. If you prefer to see gridlines, you would need to draw them in.

Grant
Anonymous
Not applicable
NOELDESIGNS wrote:
Unfortunately not a perfect workaround. Yes, the gridlines will need to be turned off. If you prefer to see gridlines, you would need to draw them in.

Grant
So goes a Wish.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:
Hi,
In master layout of PM, when using grid to assign drawing numbers is used, is it possible to have the drawings be numbered sequentially? Right now if a detail occupies let say two cells it is numbered as “1” but the 2nd detail that is in cell 3 is numbered as “3”. This is logical but not practical. We get calls from the contractor and the plan checker on where about of detail #”2”. A sequential numbering option is needed. Is it a wish list item?

Duplicate the Master sheet on which you are placing your details; you can right click on the sheet you wish to copy and choose Copy, then right click on the Masters folder and choose Paste. Rename the new master, for example, Arch-D No Grid. In the Settings for the new sheet under the Grid For Drawing Numbering tab, deselect (uncheck) This Master Layout should use a grid to assign Drawing Numbers.

woodster

The Details will be numbered in the order in which they are listed in Tree by Subsets.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Woodster. Excellent feedback. Using this technique, IMHO can be made even easier if you use PMK files for your details versus importing the detail from the PLN file.

In the PLN file, with the detail window open, I create a PMK file of the detail. I then import the PMK into Plotmaker.

In Plotmaker, drag the detail PMK up or down to change the detail number.

Thanks,

Grant
Anonymous
Not applicable
I might be repeating what Woody had indicated, but prior to the grid being introduced in plotmaker 9, drawings were numbered based on their order in navigator (in plotmaker) within a sheet. Not using grid numbering allows you to have your drawing within a sheet numbered sequential from 1 - however many drawings you have in a sheet. For details the obvious downside is no grid lines showing up on your sheet. I will certainly vote for sequential numbering when you post the wish.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike wrote:
For details the obvious downside is no grid lines showing up on your sheet.
This is exactly what I am after. I will wish it.
Joseph