Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Title type - was a good idea

Aussie John
Newcomer
I thought it was a good idea to include a title type in my layout for the few instances where i havnt labeled my drawing in Archicad. Now each time I Import a drawing it attaches itself ( as default). this is rather annoying and another example of a great GS feature not implemented very well.

Someone please tell me I am wrong and you can turn off the title type so it doesnt have to attach to a new import. (I know you can deselect it after the import but that is a pain.)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
12 REPLIES 12
__archiben
Booster
Aussie wrote:
Somebody please tell me I am wrong and you can turn off the title type so it doesnt have to attach to a new import.
john:

you are wrong.

(in plotmakers preferences you can have this turned off by default - see screenshot)

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
SeaGeoff
Ace
And on your next project turn it back on and try doing all your titles in PM. It's intrgral to the auto text auto number system which (I hope) will only expand and improve over time.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Aussie John
Newcomer
Geoff I can put <DRAWINGNAME>,<DRAWINGNUMBER> etc into archicad now to get the autotext thingy. Is there any particular benefit in doing it directly in Plotmaker?

Thanks Ben for the pref tip off
Cheers John
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
I still like to put my drawing titles in ArchiCAD. It gives me much more control than the titles in PM, and, as John points out, I can still use the <DRAWINGNAME> etc... in AC.
Aussie John
Newcomer
In the future yes (maybe) but now I cant see using it. For instance how do I put the cross referenced drawing number in a text tile? Also Plotmaker text control are poor at the best of times. Sometime I cant even get text to align properly.

For now, I just wish I could calculate the length of <drawingname> so it doesnt over run the reference circle of my title object.
Cheers John
[/size]
Djordje
Ace
Matthew wrote:
I still like to put my drawing titles in ArchiCAD. It gives me much more control than the titles in PM, and, as John points out, I can still use the <DRAWINGNAME> etc... in AC.
Looks quite nice when you save the DWGs from ArchiCAD, tho ...

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Aussie John
Newcomer
Maybe we need two way linking ArchiCad to PM and PM to ArchiCAD so the reference numbers show up in CAD
Cheers John
[/size]
Djordje
Ace
Aussie wrote:
Maybe we need two way linking ArchiCad to PM and PM to ArchiCAD so the reference numbers show up in CAD
Yes we do. For example:

- if you want to save a DWG that can be fully edited and worked on, you have to save from ArhiCAD

- if you want full DWG with PaperSpace you have to save from PlotMaker

BUT:

- If you want full DWG with PaperSpace and editable ModelSpace where everything is not lines, but dimensions are dimensions and lables are leaders etc, you can NOT have it in one go. Have to publish bot, and replace the PM modelspace with the DWGs saved from ArchiCAD. Lots of AutoCAD work ...

Duh ... sorry for the rant
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Yes we do. For example:

- if you want to save a DWG that can be fully edited and worked on, you have to save from ArhiCAD

- if you want full DWG with PaperSpace you have to save from PlotMaker

BUT:

- If you want full DWG with PaperSpace and editable ModelSpace where everything is not lines, but dimensions are dimensions and lables are leaders etc, you can NOT have it in one go. Have to publish bot, and replace the PM modelspace with the DWGs saved from ArchiCAD. Lots of AutoCAD work ...

Duh ... sorry for the rant
Djordje,

What's the connection with DWG? John's referring to two-way drawing name/number communication between AC & PM.