Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

VIEW EDGE - "AUTO-ADJUST" OR "MANUAL"? EXPLAIN

rob2218
Enthusiast
SEE ATTACHED.

VIEW-BORDER-DIFFERENCES.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have got it correct.
The dotted border indicates you have a "Manually resized frame" defining the extent of your view. The extent of this view will remain as defined until you change it manually. You can define exactly what you want to show from within the saved view, and excluded things you don't want to see. If you add something to the view outside this border, you need to alter it accordingly.
The solid border indicates the view is set to "Fit frame to drawing" which will automatically change to fit whatever is within it if the extents of the content changes. Good when you want to ensure nothing is ever missing from the view.
rob2218
Enthusiast
I see....I've played a bit with the "manual" vs. the "fit to frame".
seems that when you "fit to frame" the view......if you don't have dims or text outside your basic (say interior elevation view) then the dotted auto-frame line sometimes cuts off or comes close to the actual interior elevations view and makes for pen thicknesses not show up as they should. Also...if dims' are random or straying away from the within the viewport/viewmap view....then the entire viewmap gets nutty....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
SEE ATTACHED SCREEN SNAP SHOT.
IT EXPLAINS WHAT i"M REFERRING TO WHEN I SAY THE "EDGE OF VIEWPORT" LINEWORK GETS COMPROMISED.

SOMETIMES...MAKES FOR 'THIN' LINES AROUND WHERE IT SHOULDN'T BE.
1224-VIEWPORT-EDGE.jpg
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked Fit Frame to Drawing in current open 14 file.
Although it showed line being cut off on screen, it printed correctly.
AutoSize-Line.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
There must be some kind of G.S. built in pixel buffer
that I've never noticed before.
rob2218
Enthusiast
interesting observation.
I've had it where "sometimes" it prints properly....and sometimes it simply cuts the line pen thickness right at the edge of the viewmap edge......but for the most part it works properly.

thanks for obs.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23