BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

WINDOW/ DOOR GLAZING AREA and OPERABLE AREA

hgodhani98
Contributor

Hello guys,

I am working on a single family residential project and was wondering if there is a way I can calculate the glazing area and the operable area (the part of the window that opens) in ARCHICAD. It would be a helpful tool as i would be able to check if my fenestrations are compliant with the  light/ventilation requirements. 

I am aware of the current listing parameters in the schedule's scheme settings like reveal side opening area for door/ windows, but they are not useful at all as it gives me the area of the wall opening. Given how much work the creators of ARCHICAD has put in, I was thinking there is definitely something that does the job. Please find the attach photos of a window in my schedule and the currently available scheme settings.

I hope someone has an answer to my question, and if not then probably this post catches the eyes of developers at GRAPHISOFT and they can add a tool in future updates 🙂

A25 7000 USA / MAC-OS 12.6.7

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 4.55.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-17 at 3.55.44 PM.png
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!