cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Word document

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the best way to get a work document into Plotmaker 3.1?
I have tried copy and paste. Does not really work.
It brings text in in odd groups of words but not really uses full.

is pdf and option?

Any Suggestions

ACAD 8.1
Mac OS X.3
G4 DP 1.25-1.25 MB-ATI 9800 Pro
11 REPLIES 11
Mark Wallace
Enthusiast
Contrary to what I'm reading in these replies and doing in my practice, I've been pasting Word Documents successfully into Plotmaker drawings for the last 8 or 9 months since upgrading to Ofc 2003 and using OSX!

Here is copy of a post I made back on June 22, '04, to someone else in the forum having to do with the same topic/problem....

In your Word Document, 'Make sure the 'Office Clipboard' (found under View) is open before highlighting and copying text from Word. Then I switch over to Plotmaker and paste with very consistent results.

Every so often, the 'Office Clipboard' seems to fill up and freeze. I then have to do some deleting. Also the Office Clipboard does not always copy all that is highlighted so double check what gets pasted in Plotmaker. Seems like Microsoft likes to run alternative OS's within the computer's environment with a limited number of characters.

I've never tried moving text from Word to ArchiCAD. I use the copying features to move text concerning general notes, specs and code data that does not involve graphical or CAD data.

Still Productive on 7.0, in OSX.10.3.5

Mark R. Wallace AIA

--------------------------------------
Mark Wallace Architect
P.O. Box 26537
Collgeville PA 19426-0537
(v) 610-454-9510
(f) 610-489-6585
Mark R. Wallace AIA
---------------------------------------

MacBook 2.53 Ghz, Intel Core i5, 8 Gb,
Mac OSX (Sierra 10.12.6,
ArchiCAD 22 USA Full, +21, & 20.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dually noted mark, I have been using the technique you have described as well as making a pdf, and copying using the graphic selection tool as described somewhere else here in the forum. But what I am inquiring about is importing a word or excel file as an OLE. Windows machines are able to do this, importing the file as you would with a drawing layout in AC8+, thus when the file is changed in word, it also changes in plotmaker. Anybody?

Scott Rosenbaum
OSX G4 powerbook 1.5 2gig RAM 128mb ATI9700