BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

change project zero to a new elevation

gotphish001
Enthusiast
I have a project that I had pretty much finished. I now just got a survey that the clients found. I made a mesh and added all the z elevations points. I was going to make contours lines off of this as the survey just has random survey elevation points. My problem is the mesh I made with the survey points is 900'+ above my model. I can't drag the model up to the mesh because all my window and doors are set to go off of story setting first floor. They don't move when I move the rest of the model up the 900' as they are linked to a story and not wall bases. I can move the mesh down but then all the survey points are off by the 900'+ which will just be confusing later on if cross referencing the survey.

Is there a way to fix this? I thought I could just go into story settings and change the 0.0 to the 900+' , but you can't change the zero mark. I can't find anything on google or searching that tells you how to change project zero to a new elevation. I thought maybe go into project location and change something. I put in the correct lat and long for the project with no effect. I read changing the sea level in project location will not have any affect on project zero location so I didn't try that.
Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
https://farkasassociates.com/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
Correct procedure is to move the mesh down to 0 and then use Project Location to indicate that 0 is 900'
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
Correct procedure is to move the mesh down to 0 and then use Project Location to indicate that 0 is 900'
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!