Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

dimensions to core of walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't tried this before today but I am seeing more contractors that are not laying out to face of finish wall as we direct.

I selected 'dimension to core of composite walls' in the dimension tool, I using a composite wall with the interior framing designated as the core but it only dimensions to the exterior of the composite wall.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I searched through this topic, as well as that linked to it, and see that others have had this problem...though I don't see the solution...
when dimensioning composite walls in plan, the dimension tool has always given me two points, on either side of my designated core.
Now, however, I don't get the mercedes tool when I hover, and I am only given one point when I click on a wall--even though I am shown that the wall is targeted to be selected (changes color for me). Is this a setting somewhere? I have tried both checking and unchecking the "Dimension only the core of composite walls" button in the dimension settings and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone know about this?
Thanks,
John
cremsberg
Participant
I too would like to dimension only to the core of composite walls. The option "Dimension only the core of composite and complex walls" in Dimension Details (panel of Dimension Selection Settings) is grayed out. Anyone know a possible reason? AC12
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Please upload an image of the dialog box and let us know where the dim string is, so we can rule out elevation dims, etc.

Cheers,
Link.
cremsberg
Participant
I solved the "grayed out" problem by de-selecting a dimension string that had already been placed. Apparently the option is not available for an existing dimensions. Aside from this, dimensioning the CORE of a wall works beautifully (so far). Thanks.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)