Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

dimensions while making a wall???

Anonymous
Not applicable
does anyone know if this thing is possible in archicad 10? it would be very helpful to know how far from right wall i'm building new one.

thanks for answer

be good 😉
8 REPLIES 8
Aussie John
Newcomer
You can put a temporary origin at the existing wall then type the start coordinate. of the new wall

I find it easier to duplicate the original wall and type in the distance to be away
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
You can put a temporary origin at the existing wall then type the start coordinate. of the new wall

I find it easier to duplicate the original wall and type in the distance to be away
I do not bother setting a temporary origin. with the wall tool selected, just hover over existing wall then type "x" (or y), the distance, then "+", and "enter". This will set the beginning of the new wall. If the distance in the x or y direction is into a Negative Quadrant (Left in the X direction & down in the Y the direction with Normal Orthogonal Grid) and you are using SI units you must hit the "-" twice instead of once, and then hit "enter".

Jay
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
... you must hit the "-" twice instead of once...

Jay
Why twice? Once works for me.

And be sure to use the "+" on the numeric keys, not the "+" you get with SHIFT "="
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Why twice? Once works for me.
Are you one of the millions of lucky metric users?
s2art wrote:
And be sure to use the "+" on the numeric keys, not the "+" you get with SHIFT "="
Never actually tested the Shift"=". Thanks for the heads up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
Are you one of the millions of lucky metric users?
Oh, its an imperial thing is it?
Jay wrote:
Never actually tested the Shift"=". Thanks for the heads up.
What I meant was dont use the + symbol on the = key (which you get by using shift= on the main keyboard for general typing, not that you can use shift to get the + in this case, I'm pretty sure that doesn't work).

Hard to put in words
__archiben
Booster
s2art wrote:
What I meant was dont use the + symbol on the = key (which you get by using shift= on the main keyboard for general typing, not that you can use shift to get the + in this case, I'm pretty sure that doesn't work).
it does. i do it all the time - my laptop doesn't have a dedicated numeric keypad . . .

as soon as you begin numerical entry the shift key is free to use as you wish.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
bosoturk wrote:
does anyone know if this thing is possible in archicad 10? it would be very helpful to know how far from right wall i'm building new one.
going back to the original question...

it sounds as though you really need to run through some of the basic editing concepts in the manual or help files. getting some one-on-one training would be even better.

with archicad 10 you can have the tracker displayed all of the time - allowing you to see where the cursor is relative to the project/user/editing origins at all times. again - learn how the various origins work to be able to make the most of the concepts described in answer to your question!

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for all of your answers. I'll try all of this recomendations.