Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

image files, plotmaker and PDF's

Anonymous
Not applicable
There seem to be some serious bugs with regards to image files and PDF output through plotmaker. I had posted a related topic a while back, but had little response. I am using the Amyuni printer driver and the problems I have are inconsistent and solving them has baffled me although I have spent hours trying to establish the "rules" to problem free output. I have had two different problems, but both are related to image files and only show their ugly face when publishing to PDF's.

The first issue is that certain image files fail to show up at all in the PDF file. This just happened to me today which prompted this inquiry. I tried both importing the image files (jpg) directly into plotmaker and imported them via a view set from archicad with the same results - a blank page in my PDF book except for the information on the master layout. There are nine files on one sheet of approx. 350K each.

The second issue is that an image file (placed on a drawing sheet in plotmaker) will show up in the PDF file but when one prints the file the image does not print. This was first discovered when we sent drawings out to out print bureau and I had assumed it was something on their end. Since then however I have tested some of these files to our own printers with the same result. Never in my life had I encountered a PDF file that did not print what you saw - I thought that was part of the whole idea behind PDF's.

These problems are very disconcerting because it is very easy to miss one of these errors and send out an incomplete set. If no one else has had any of these problems I am at a loss at what to do. I have tried different file formats (jpg, tiff, png) but have not had any conclusive correlation. This has also been tested on several different computers in our office with similar results. Thanks for any advice or comments any of you would care to share.
4 REPLIES 4
aahatimo
Newcomer
mike,
i have been stung a few times in the past by sending pdfs to print service bureaus. sorry i do not have an answer to that one. have you tried sending them plt files using their plotter driver?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo wrote:
mike,
i have been stung a few times in the past by sending pdfs to print service bureaus. sorry i do not have an answer to that one. have you tried sending them plt files using their plotter driver?
I have sent plt files and have not had problems with them. I very much like the concept of PDF's since they become our record set for the time of issue. What I really want to establish is that there is some sort of bug related to the output of image files via plotmaker, using the Amyuni driver to create PDF's. If others have had issues as well, perhaps we can bring this to the attention of Graphisoft and expect some sort of fix in the future.
aahatimo
Newcomer
mike,
i agree with you on all points.
have you filed an 'ask us' to gs us tech support? http://tr.graphisoftus.com/ask_us.asp
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo wrote:
mike,
i agree with you on all points.
have you filed an 'ask us' to gs us tech support? http://tr.graphisoftus.com/ask_us.asp
Thanks for the link. I submitted a report.