Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

pdf

Llian
Advocate
i drag and drop a pdf [general notes, calculations, etc] into my layout sheet but the figure is showing it all black. did i miss something?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Use the Drawing Tool to place the PDF. See if it works that way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Llian
Advocate
thanks....
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo, can ytou tell me the correct way to import Word docs into my layout sheets please. In a way that I can edit the text if needed

thank you
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
upintheclouds wrote:
Hi Laszlo, can ytou tell me the correct way to import Word docs into my layout sheets please. In a way that I can edit the text if needed

thank you
You can copy formatted text blocks in Word and Paste them in ArchiCAD, they will be converted into Text Block with the formatting. Then you can edit the Text Block.
But there will be no link between the two.

What you can also do is save the DOC file as PDF and place the PDF pages onto layouts. Those can be resaved in Word and updated in ArchiCAD as needed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
my placed pdfs (place as drawings) do not plot properly they have missing cut off areas

This was an issue with an older version 9 of 10

I am on a mac AC 13 and created these pdfs from word with the print option. The project originally Plotted OK