Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

plotting/ printing w/ archicad 8 or 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just installed Archicad 9 into my computer, I had been working on Archicad 8. My question is with Plotting and Printing: How do I get the assigned pen weights to print or plot? I have assigned the correct weight # to the pen colors I am using in the drawing format in Archicad and Plotmaker, however, when I go to page setup or plot setup there is nothing to select that will allow me to be rest assured that my pen weights will print correctly. In AutoCad you can select the pen assignment for prints and plots, is there something in Archicad that is similar or even better?

Also the printers I am working with are as follows: an HP OfficeJet and an Epson Stylus Photo 2200. I tried sending a print to the OfficeJet and was successful but the line weights were incorrect. I tried to print from the Epson and received nothing but only computer code was printed.

I also send out drawings to a reproduction company and their plotter designation is an HP DesignJet 650C, I found how I can convert my plotmaker drawing layouts into PLT files in Plotmaker for this company, however, how do I know that the correct pen assignments will be printed?

Please help?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
LewBishop wrote:
By setting this direction I was able to get the title block end of the print to acually print. [...] for the 800 there is a setting that allows for auto rotate to fit, IMO.
Thanks, but I already use auto-rotate, and it works fine. The frustrating part is that the plotter pushes out blank paper for the missing area, i.e. a properly orientated full A1 plot, but with a blank strip (first edge out of the plotter). May try plotting upside down, to see if it helps!?!
Djordje
Ace
richaney wrote:
LewBishop wrote:
By setting this direction I was able to get the title block end of the print to acually print. [...] for the 800 there is a setting that allows for auto rotate to fit, IMO.
Thanks, but I already use auto-rotate, and it works fine. The frustrating part is that the plotter pushes out blank paper for the missing area, i.e. a properly orientated full A1 plot, but with a blank strip (first edge out of the plotter). May try plotting upside down, to see if it helps!?!
Are you guys sizing your Masters in PlotMaker to the paper specified?

Each device has its own margins; so, the Master HAS TO be printer specific. Cutting off is usually a matter of the Master layout being bigger than the printable area.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Djordje

Are you guys sizing your Masters in PlotMaker to the paper specified?

[/quote wrote:

Yeah, masters are set well within the plot boundaries of the plotter. The layouts actually print out fine direct from PM, its just that we can't plot the full sheet of an archived PDF drawing - even though the PDF shows the full sheet on screen! PDFs also plot fine when sent reduced to our A3 laser printer - just not on the HP.