Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

setting margins using Amyuni driver for pdfs

Erika Epstein
Booster
I was recently asked why margins kept distorting(getting larger) when printing using the amyuni driver resulting in tiling. It is important to remember that when creating pdfs the plotter settings do not have any bearing on this. You must set the margins you want in the Amunyi driver settings.

Go to File, Print.
chose "Print setup"
"Properties"
"Advanced Options" tab
where it says "Physical Margins (set in Millimeters)" enter 0 for both horizontal and vertical.

The result is that it will use the margins of your master without adding increasing your margins.

Now I just have to learn how to spell Amyuni.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
2 REPLIES 2
Jefferson
Participant
spelling is one thing, tell me how to pro-now-ounce it please!
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's pronounced 'aim-you-knee'!

It's also important to note that in order to avoid tiling, your custom sheet size (set in the Amyuni PDF Converter), must firstly be big enough to accommodate entire Drawing, as set by PM's sheet size.

Amyuni works in metric (and doesn't allow decimals), so you may have to temporarily change your PlotMaker Drawing Units to mm to find out the metric sizes of your imperial sheets!

For example, a 24x26 sheet, is actually 914.4 x 609.6mm, so you will have to input 915 x 610mm as your custom sheet size, in the Amyuni Properties Dialog.

Then you''ll need to set your margins to zero as Erika pointed out. This will make it 100% sure that your PDF will have no unwanted scaling or tiling, as shown in the attachment.

Cheers,
Link.