Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

when updating a drawing @ layouts, drawing moves far away

Anonymous
Not applicable
when i save my views (sections, elevations, plans)and place them on the layouts, go back and make some changes and try to update the drawing... the drawing seems to disappear but it goes way far from it should be...so i have find the drawing zooming out and extending the drawing marquee..

is there any setting that i'm passing by or there is a way to fix the drawing to update it in the same place?
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Virtuoso
Where is the origin?

Any placed DWGs that are very far away from the origin?

This has been discussed before ... http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17911
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
do i have to move the hole project to the origin? how do i find the original origin not the user origin....
donjorge wrote:
do i have to move the hole project to the origin? how do i find the original origin not the user origin....
Double-click the User Origin button in the Standard Toolbar.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
it doesn't works... if i double-click on it....

where should i double click on #1 or #2... as shown on the pic
I use the Coordinates palette (#2).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
KenMcN
Contributor
Same problem with files updated to V12
(Apple Mac Pro, using up to date Archicad and OSX software - too busy too keep my signature up to date, sorry)

The drawing disappears when updated. I'm pretty certain it didn't happen in V11.

The files with the problem have been started from survey drawings, so the 'DWG' 'origin problem' mentioned above may be an issue, but I don't see how to avoid this…

We need to be able to set out the building using co-ordinates related to the survey and the difficulty in setting a temporary origin to get correct northings and eastings makes life unnecessarily difficult. So the implicit solution, of moving the data closer to the absolute origin, gives rise to difficulties down-the-line.

The extents of the models are not massive (large, but not 'massive') so the drawing's origin is pretty much academic and should not effect the display of the data. There is nothing that is miles away from the main site that could confuse the software.

We are currently using PlotMaker files (welcome back!) to try to sidestep the issue – which is working OK so far_ but this is a problem that stops us from moving all our jobs to V12 from 11. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Kenny
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max