Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

220 Volt Outlet Symbol

Branden Richards
Contributor

Looking through the Electrical Symbols in the new 28 Library. Has anyone found a reliable way to replicate the traditional 220v American Outlet? My best solution right now is to use the text and insert a " | " in it but it still appears to thick. Thanks in advance.

220v American Symbol.pngArchicad Representation.png
AC 27-28 USA
WIN 11, 13th GEN INTEL i9, 5.40 GHz, RTX 3050, 16GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Use a line instead of text?

Are you saying that there is a symbol in 27 and before that is correct and the one in 28 is not?

If that is the case then report it as an issue.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/gh-p/Technology-Preview-2024

If not then it has nothing to do with the Technology Preview and I will move the post to the Libraries and Objects forum.

Barry,

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I may of been mistaken, but I could've sworn there was a 220v option in other versions of Archicad. Go ahead and move the post if you can.

The line is a solution although not a good one for creating a dynamic symbol that would move seamlessly.

For when this post is moved, there has to be a simple work around for a symbol that is so commonly used in American electrical plans. If anyone can give me a solution that would be great.

AC 27-28 USA
WIN 11, 13th GEN INTEL i9, 5.40 GHz, RTX 3050, 16GB RAM

@Branden Richards wrote:

For when this post is moved, there has to be a simple work around for a symbol that is so commonly used in American electrical plans. If anyone can give me a solution that would be great.

You can always draw your own symbol and save that as an object.

It won't be an option in an existing object and it won't be parametric, but at least you will have the symbol you want.

There may be other 3rd party objects available, but I am not familiar with the American market, so I can't recommend any if there are.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!