BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphisoft Community (US) *not* (INT)

cinda1212
Participant

Please tell me how to get to the US Community, not the international one!  My user ID and login show US at the top, but when I go to Learn or Knowledge Community through ANY link, it switches to International.  This means that the learn templates are downloaded in metric, not imperial.  I can't figure out any way to switch it, or even FIND the US/English Imperial community.  Thanks! 

Screenshot 2024-02-20 153326.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution
Barry Kelly

As far as this Community is concerned, there is no US, only International (for all English language speakers), German, Japanese, and Brazilian (Portuguese).

I am not sure about the Learn Portal as I have only ever downloaded metric files.

Check your user profile (top right of Learn page), go to INFO and see that you are set to USA.

If the downloads do not offer Imperial or Metric (I am not sure if they are supposed to), you can alwaye change the dimension units and working units when you have the file open in Archicad.

There really is no such thing as an Imperial or Metric file, it is just the settings in Archicad.

Of course that will not change what you see in the explanatory videos.

I am not sure if they are made in both Imperial and Metric.

Maybe someone from the USA can enlighten us on that?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution

All sounds correct from what I see going into GS Learn.  Starts out US on the log-in (and in my profile shows GS North America), then shows INT once logged into Learn and no USA choice.  Seems reasonable to have the platform aligned by language, not country.

On the 'templates', the only ones I see are transition templates from older versions (at a cost).  As you stated, setting your units to Imperial in your template is key.  

Cinda:  This forum is for all GS AC customers, so you are in the right place for Community exchanges. I believe any files or objects you import into your AC workspace are respective of the units you set in your PLN Project Preferences.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Barry Kelly

As far as this Community is concerned, there is no US, only International (for all English language speakers), German, Japanese, and Brazilian (Portuguese).

I am not sure about the Learn Portal as I have only ever downloaded metric files.

Check your user profile (top right of Learn page), go to INFO and see that you are set to USA.

If the downloads do not offer Imperial or Metric (I am not sure if they are supposed to), you can alwaye change the dimension units and working units when you have the file open in Archicad.

There really is no such thing as an Imperial or Metric file, it is just the settings in Archicad.

Of course that will not change what you see in the explanatory videos.

I am not sure if they are made in both Imperial and Metric.

Maybe someone from the USA can enlighten us on that?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution

All sounds correct from what I see going into GS Learn.  Starts out US on the log-in (and in my profile shows GS North America), then shows INT once logged into Learn and no USA choice.  Seems reasonable to have the platform aligned by language, not country.

On the 'templates', the only ones I see are transition templates from older versions (at a cost).  As you stated, setting your units to Imperial in your template is key.  

Cinda:  This forum is for all GS AC customers, so you are in the right place for Community exchanges. I believe any files or objects you import into your AC workspace are respective of the units you set in your PLN Project Preferences.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

Thank you both for your comments.  I'm glad to know that I didn't screw up somehow!  It seems weird, though, that on some screens it says US at the top, and others say INT.  My 'info' page correctly lists US.

The downloads I got from the lessons came in as metric...  so it would make sense that they START the intro to archicad lessons with "to change units do this...." but they don't.  No worries now.

Thanks!

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

FYI: On the Learn Portal, if you click you name in the Top Right corner, it will take you to your Profile.

Then on the top left, click Settings, and on the Settings Page, find the Language field where you can set your preferred language. This setting will be valid only of the Learn Portal, though.

LearnPortal-Language.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!