Did you mean:Β 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Archicad AI Visualizer in the Cloud for Technology Preview β€ŒπŸš€β€Œ

Ilona Jasenszky
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

We have some exciting news for Archicad Collaborate subscribers and Technology Preview participants! 

The popular experimental feature, Archicad AI Visualizer, is now seamlessly integrated into Archicad 28. This exciting upgrade brings significant advantages. Forget local software installations or needing powerful computers – Archicad AI Visualizer is cloud-based, offering effortless access and streamlining your workflow. Furthermore, it works flawlessly on both Windows and macOS, regardless of the language version you use. This cloud-hosted approach makes AI visualization readily available to all users, removing technical barriers.

Important Notes: 

• We support a fair usage policy, meaning the primary use of this service should be for testing and bug reporting. 
  • The initial version, now called Legacy AI Visualizer, remains compatible with Archicad 27 but won't be supported in Archicad 28 and onwards. 
  • Don't miss out! After the Technology Preview, the AI Visualizer will be exclusive to Archicad Collaborate subscribers. 

Ready to experience the future of architectural visualization? Download the Technology Preview and try out the AI Visualizer.

We appreciate your feedback! 

Ilona Jasenszky

Manager, Release and Program Management

30 REPLIES 30
Botonis
Advisor
  • Don't miss out! After the Technology Preview, the AI Visualizer will be exclusive to Archicad Collaborate subscribers. 

Can you clarify what that means for the Software Service Agreement (SSA)/Forward Archicad users?????

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

@BotonisAfter last year's experimental release of AI Visualizer, we drew several conclusions.

• We assumed a hesitance to rely on cloud-hosted services for AI-generated imagery. However, based on our own research and public surveys conducted by third parties, this approach appears to be generally accepted.
  • We noticed a strong interest in AI Visualizer, but actual usage was significantly lower. We identified two key factors contributing to this:
    • Very high system requirements, especially for the GPU.
    • A complex installation procedure, particularly for Mac users.

Based on these findings, we decided to cloud-host the AI Visualizer back end and offer it as part of our Software as a Service (SaaS) portfolio, available to our eligible customers, which currently means Archicad Collaborate subscribers. (also comes with BIMcloud Software as a Service)

This approach allows us to provide a more accessible service while bearing the operational costs after each generated image on our end.

Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Botonis
Advisor

Thank you @Marton Kiss.

.....offer it as part of our Software as a Service (SaaS) portfolio, available to our eligible customers, which currently means Archicad Collaborate subscribers

Based on the above, user with valid perpetual licenses (SSA Forward) will not be able to use AI Visualizer.

Am I right??????? I hope I am not.....    

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
@Marton Kiss. wrote

.....available to our eligible customers, which currently means Archicad Collaborate subscribers. (also comes with BIMcloud Software as a Service)

@Botonis yes I also read Marton's reply that AI Visualizer in the Cloud will not be available / accessible even for user with valid perpetual licenses (SSA Forward).

@Marton Kiss, will the AI Visualizer installations on our local computers as an option continue to work on AC27 & 28 for users with perpetual licenses & SSA Forward?

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) β€Œ
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation πŸ˜‰
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

Dissapointing but expected πŸ˜‘

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

@Francois_MCD wrote:

@Marton Kiss, will the AI Visualizer installations on our local computers as an option continue to work on AC27 & 28 for users with perpetual licenses & SSA Forward?

The current AC 27 compatible desktop package will remain available. From v28 we will dedicate our efforts to focus on the cloud edition. We do understand that for our SSA/Forward users this may cause frustration - we've recently outlined a transition path towards Archicad Collaborate that is rolling out globally throughout the year. https://graphisoft.com/convert-ssa-forward-to-archicad-collaborate

Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks for clarifying this @Marton Kiss 
I've looked at the Archicad Collaborate conversion offers and though attractive, the conversion route is not available in our region. 

Available options here is to order new Collaborate subscriptions or combine our perpetual licenses with  BIMcloud SaaS subscriptions. This way we will be able to officially access AI Visualizer in the Cloud after the Technology Preview is complete.

As I only have perpetual licenses with SSA Forward at this time, I will at least be able to learn & test the new features AI Visualizer for now. 

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) β€Œ
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation πŸ˜‰
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

I would also like to be able to set building model into a scene with the AI rendering tool using the prompts to describe materials and setting. 

Botonis
Advisor

Obviously this is not a decision based on technical issues (after all the Technology Preview 28 works just fine for the SSA Users)

This is clearly a marketing strategic decision to force the SSA users to move to the Subscription.

It looks like a first test drive to differentiate features of those two versions SSA and SaaS.

Based on the above there is no other way.....

My frustration is not the fact that SaaS might be the only option in the near future (maybe this will lead hopefully to a better product after all) , but this sneaky announcement that a certain addon will not be any more available to licensed users. For me is just a matter of aesthetic. 

Botonis Botonakis

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!