Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Enhanced Design Options and the View Map

Jake_White
Contributor

A feature I would like to see added is the facility to duplicate views within the view map whilst reassigning a Design Option to that view. I find I spend a lot of time managing this when the Optioneering process becomes complex.

I feel that there would be a real benefit from being able to right click on a specific layout, and have 'duplicate layout and set design option' as part of the dropdown menu. This could open a super simple dialog box with which you are able to select an existing Design Option. Executing the command could then duplicate all of the views from the selected layout into a new subset within the viewmap, assigns the preferred design option to these views and relink all of the drawings in the layout to these views.

I feel that this would make the process of optioneering lightning fast and avoid reluctance for designers to explore another idea.

4 REPLIES 4
Botonis
Advisor

You can select as many views as you want, drag them as copy, and then apply a new design option from the view settings. Put those views in the layout and you are done. Unless you want some thing else which I don't understand.

You can create different folders of views with each folder representing a different design option. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I understand that you can do that, but this does mean naming subsets or renaming views so that you can then relink the drawings one by one. If you have a layout with 4 drawings on it with 5 options, this is unnecessarily slow. This could be achieved in about 3 clicks per layout.

Botonis
Advisor

If I understand correctly you want to be able to change view settings directly on the drawing basis instead of creating a view, but I believe this alters the logic of the connection between views and drawings. Unless this option creates also a new view. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I dont want to see the logic between views and drawings to change. But rather as you mention, new views created. But this process could be handled in an incredibly simple and fast manner. This could save users a lot of time, see attached.

Screenshot_48.png

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!