Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Full Passive House/Passivhaus integration

scom570
Booster

Integrating a way to easily provide the data required by Passive House/Passivhaus  would be a game changer for us.  Currently the workaround is to go to Sketchup to generate your numbers.  If it updated your scenario in real time as you made changes - even better.

6 REPLIES 6
Jake_White
Contributor

I am 100% for this. Even if the first step is to generate a skp file which uses DesignPH formatting, so still using Sketchup to connect with PHPP xls.

Julian Nachev
Participant

There is export functionality for some of the data directly to PHPP in AC27. But first you have to define all the data in energy model review.

8 core Ryzen 7 32GB RAM, Radeon RX VEGA 8GB VRAM

Thanks Julian, I wasn't aware. Thats much appreciated.

Liamwillib
Contributor

I've noticed the PHPPmapping.xml in the ArchiCAD 27 filesystem and the tool it references, however it's not something that our PassivHaus assessor has been able to utilise. He still has to use the Sketchup workaround.

We've also had one-on-one meeting directly with Graphisoft in October last year, after the release of AC27, and their best advise was to review the following. (I got the distinct impression it was still very much a partial workaround): 

A "real integration" within ArchiCAD as per the original post is what is really needed.

Yes, it is a waste of time to build another model in Sketchup and the extra time/step required to investigate scenarios.  Why couldn't the zone tool be adapted to do this?  If Trimble can do this, why not Nemetchek/Graphisoft.

Liamwillib
Contributor

That's sounds very close to something suggested to us only yesterday! We are going to see if we can create select properties for the zone tool specifically tailored to PH measurement standards and requirements, and create some schedules for our office template that would essentially output "live" model data (potentially also have it performing some basic calculations) that could be entered into that standard PHPP. I just need to carve out some time to work with our in-house PH guys to see how much of the data they need can be derived from this process.... (and verify if it's an efficient process or almost as labour intensive as the Sketchup workaround)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!