2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Improvements to Physically Based Rendering

Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

The Physically Based Rendering Experimental Feature is improved with the following new features:

1. Procedural Sky - The newly introduced Procedural Sky generates a sky dome with an accurately positioned Sun disc which affects not only the background but also the lighting of the scene.
  2. Shadow Mapping - Shadow mapping produces much faster results than shadow volumes, with soft shadow edges.
  3. Automatic Exposure Control and Bloom Effect - Exposure is automatically controlled, similar to real life cameras. High luminance regions generate a so called “blooming“ effect.
  4. Improved Ambient Occlusion - Previously certain areas of 3D scenes introduced some artifacts, and with the improvements these are not appearing any more (available from Archicad 27 Update 2).

For more details, please read the following reference:
Visualization - Graphisoft Community

Looking forward to having your much appreciated feedbacks, questions and insights.

Illés Papp
GRAPHISOFT Senior Product Manager
45 REPLIES 45

What happens now, when you would switch to the Physically based rendering? Is there any crash, flickering, dark content appearing with the latest version?

Illés Papp

@ShineJoseph , we are planning to introduce settings in the long term. HDRi is a bit more of a complex topic, and at the moment the Procedural Sky improvement makes a difference in how the sky is represented around the model in PBR 3D.

Illés Papp

Hi,@Illes Papp

I have systematic crashes with my AMD RX 6750XT graphics card and I can't even send a bug report directly from archicad, the bug report doesn't work also it throws me a printer operation, I don't don't really know what it is

AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27

No problem for me on Intel Mac running Monterey. Orbiting the model seems to be silky smooth actually.

Other than being 'blue-themed' when shadows are on, seems fine.

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey

For me works perfectly on rx5700, i've opened several archicad 27 Project with a lot of polygon but I haven' t notice slowdown or crash,

when we can select this rendering mode directly from 3d style, and have the possibility to visualize the edge as opengl enginw, It will become an useful addition

For mr @Illes Papp , have you considered the addition of some global illumination algorithm? I mean something like SSGI(I think about something similare to blender Eevee, or AMD capsaicin framework GI)

AC 6.5-27 | Latest build | Win 10 Pro 64 | AMD TreadRipper 1950x 3.4 Ghz | 64 Gb RAM | AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB

Hi, @strangeday 

On my RX 6750xt card the archicad 27 physics engine works very well, but it does not work on Archicad 28, can you confirm if it works on version 28?

thanks

AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27

strangeday_0-1721143560279.png

Yes, I'm not allowed to insert a video but this is a screenshot,  and I'm on a radeon RX 5700XT, with installed the adrenalin driver 24.6.1

AC 6.5-27 | Latest build | Win 10 Pro 64 | AMD TreadRipper 1950x 3.4 Ghz | 64 Gb RAM | AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB
torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

Sorry to be the show stopper, but this project is completely nuts! Why does GS put that much effort into something like that which takes years of development and that is already done better (or perfect) by other software solutions? Renderings doesn’t stop at real lighting or real skies. It is the materials, the surfaces, the scattering and refracting of light. And it’s the object database: furniture, vegetation, etc. 

If GS really wants a non-biases renderer: just buy indigo renderer 

https://www.indigorenderer.com

hi, @torben_wadlinger

Why buy another rendering solution when we already have the best (Redshift) and few users use it?, because it does not work on AMD and is restricted for SSA but I think that is not the subject

AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27

No, the subject is why does GS waste developer time onto somethign like that, that requires years and years of intense developement. If you want an excellent render solution just use D5 oder if you are hardcore: Unreal Engine and Datasmith exporter

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/datasmith-exporter

As I said before: the render engine is only one part of the equation. You need assets, too. And with the poor high-polygon-handling of AC importing assets like trees, cars, etc. is still not possible with AC.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!