Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Issues with gbXML Export from Archicad persists even in AC28

ShineJoseph
Contributor

I am happy that Archicad has a built-in energy evaluation tool. It works great and I love it. But the issue starts where integration starts.

I am not completely happy with the GBML export. In archicad, there is no issue with understanding what's internal wall and what's external. While using the gbXML file as other platforms to analyze the building for what's lacking in archicad, It starts breaking my heart. 

1. The walls in the archicad create a gap between the adjacent surfaces. So while exploring different platforms these walls make problems and tell the system they are external walls though otherwise. I use Honebee and Energy Plus to do some in-depth analysis. I do not want this error.

Why can't we export precise gbxml for better collaboration? 

ShineJoseph_0-1720758851914.png

2. Import error here in grasshopper

ShineJoseph_1-1720759015900.png

after manually editing the gbxml I get it imported. But what's the point? The internal wall is still the External Wall

3. I tried gbXML Online Validator. 

I could not even move forward from level 1

4. I would like to highly recommend having an option  while exporting for readjusting the zone boundaries to solve this issue.

5. I wish I could do more than just the energy balance chart. I would like to test solar radiation, I would like to visualise in archicad or properties to be seen in archicad. 

Please do consider this. In the latest version also the same issue persists.

0 REPLIES 0

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!