cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Keynote visibility (as seen in tech preview 2024)

Jeliszej Korcsak
Contributor

Hey guys!

Watching the 2024 tech preview I immediately noticed a painful problem - that has been ongoing for ever - when the keynote functionality was presented. Did you all notice, that the keynotes, when added to selected object, are obscured by all the other model elements and zone fills?

I have been chasing this issue for years now, but my prayers are yet to be heard. Please, remove annotations, dimensions, labels and all such stuff from the ordering system of "send back and bring forward" stack. I could not think of any situation when I would want my annotation to be behind a wall or under a slab. It is just an extra task to always bring forward all my dimensions and lables before publishing my plans.

Am I the only one who is really bothered by this?

Jeliszej Korcsák
Architect, BIM Manager | ArchiCAD 27 HUN Build 4030 on Windows 10 Pro 22H2
5 REPLIES 5
Eric B
Enthusiast

I am the same and have been asking for the labels and dimensions to be added to the top of the display stack rather than having to select them and bring them to front

AC6 till current
PC and Mac
Sunny75
Booster

Yess please,this would be so beneficial!

MinhNguyen
Expert

Maybe I'm the minority here, but we need display order for annotations still, maybe not the whole 14 levels but at least 3-4 levels. We do structure core dimensioning (so fire stair/elevator) with cutout white fills instead of combining cropped views with different layer combos on layouts, and here having display order for annotations is important to control which ones go on top.

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Not saying do away with it but just make the labels, dimensions etc to the top of everything then being able to send it back if needed

AC6 till current
PC and Mac

Labels are on level 10 the same as text.

Keynotes are labels and are also on level 10.

So they should appear in front of other elements (slabs and walls = 7, beams = 9, lines = 9).

At least this is the case for me.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!