Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Keynote visibility (as seen in tech preview 2024)

Hey guys!

Watching the 2024 tech preview I immediately noticed a painful problem - that has been ongoing for ever - when the keynote functionality was presented. Did you all notice, that the keynotes, when added to selected object, are obscured by all the other model elements and zone fills?

I have been chasing this issue for years now, but my prayers are yet to be heard. Please, remove annotations, dimensions, labels and all such stuff from the ordering system of "send back and bring forward" stack. I could not think of any situation when I would want my annotation to be behind a wall or under a slab. It is just an extra task to always bring forward all my dimensions and lables before publishing my plans.

Am I the only one who is really bothered by this?

Jeliszej Korcsák
Architect, BIM Manager | ArchiCAD 27 HUN Build 4030 on Windows 10 Pro 22H2
19 REPLIES 19

I hear you Barry,

There is no problem with the software in this case and I am not stating that it is a malfunction.

I am simply pointing out that the system is not foolproof, and there is a functionality which makes no sense but rather a lot of problems. If I would be in charge of my drawings alone in our 70+ architect studio then I could let it go, but managing many models makes it just an extra step for me each time, when it could be eliminated completely!

Regarding the video see: 06:36

He clicks "place on Selection" and all keynotes but one are pleaced behind the zone hatches. If you check the video, at the time of the click you can see tiny parts of the red circles appearing at the threshold of the doors. This is a real life problem, it happens too many times, even when you control your model with iron fists.

JeliszejKorcsak_0-1721249964998.png

Jeliszej Korcsák

Ah, I see what you mean.

BarryKelly_0-1721265947145.png

All I can suggest is that the display order of these zones has been adjusted for some reason.

Only the person that made the video could tell us that.

I will try and do some testing to see if I can replicate this.

I must say though that I very rarely ever have to adjust the display order.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes it's annoying!

Would definitely like to see such annotation items on top, and may be with some possibility of arrangement override (if there is some specific need, which I have never found myself in - but, someone might, depending upon his/her creative documentation requirements).

However, my simple solution to such issues is to select all the labels at once (by selecting label tool from toolbox, and pressing cmd/ctrl + A), and bring them in the frontmost arrangement. I am sure, you must be doing the same or similar.

MacBook Pro M1 Max
macOS 14.5

Yes, We are doing the same. It sounds absolutely not terrible... for ONCE. But when you have to adjust hundreds of views before each publishing, well then it gets painful!

Jeliszej Korcsák

certainly it is painful! And needs to be taken care of.

MacBook Pro M1 Max
macOS 14.5
John Hallgarth
Participant

In that tech preview sample model, all the zones had cover fills turned on with white backgrounds, and most were set to display order 13 (except for the one that displayed correctly and was set at 2).

Adding any autolabel will be on 10, so it made sense why the labels were hidden by the zones with cover fills. Not a typical way I'd represent floor finish patterns, would do that with a finish slab, but I can see why they turned on the cover fills on zones, so that they could later override them with surface fills by room types.

Probably grabbed all the zones, brought all the way forward, and then sent back one would be my guess...shouldn't be a problem in most cases.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

EK1
Contributor

I'm not sure if this should be under a new topic for keynotes but I cannot find the keynote pallet. Is there perhaps a separate plugin for this?

Hi EK1

It is under the Document menu at the moment … about half way down

Hope this helps

AC6 till current
PC and Mac
EK1
Contributor

That was the first place I looked at and Keynotes was not there. I then checked the pallets menu to see if it was even installed. After posting the problem I did a search under menus - all commands by theme, and dragged it to the documents menu. Apparently it was not in the menu for Apple Silicon. 

Is there a way to set the display order by number? Or, are we stuck with bring forward/send backward until it looks right? Other than all the way to front or back.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!