Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024
SOLVED!

MOD-classification export?

Previously there have been issues with exporting MOD-files with complete classification trees instead of only the ones used in the current project.

I know there were talks about this becoming a checkbox option but cannot find it in the AC28 TP?

What is the status of this?

@James B - any updates?

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @Erik Bjornhage 

In AC28, we reverted to the previous behaviour where only used properties/classifications are stored, and fixed the behaviour on the UI to avoiding that behaviour appearing as a conflict.

The registry that was used to revert to that behaviour is still available, and supported storing all classifications and properties (which caused file bloat in hotlinks).

We did consider adding this option to the UI, but that didn't make it to this release.

We've also made a number of fixes in how properties/classifications and handled in labels after relinking, breaking hotlinks and nested hotlinks - these fixes should be available in the Updated Tech Preview version and final release.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @Erik Bjornhage 

In AC28, we reverted to the previous behaviour where only used properties/classifications are stored, and fixed the behaviour on the UI to avoiding that behaviour appearing as a conflict.

The registry that was used to revert to that behaviour is still available, and supported storing all classifications and properties (which caused file bloat in hotlinks).

We did consider adding this option to the UI, but that didn't make it to this release.

We've also made a number of fixes in how properties/classifications and handled in labels after relinking, breaking hotlinks and nested hotlinks - these fixes should be available in the Updated Tech Preview version and final release.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

Thanks James,

I can understand the reasoning behind the previous change (even though it was disastrous for us) so some sort of toggle switch would probably make sense.

However, I guess that will be a discussion for coming releases.

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!