Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

More information about the "libpack" format

danielk
Booster

Hi,

I have been reading the new features guides and posts, and I have found a lot of useful information about the new Global Library system.

First of all, I like the approach (non-version-specific libraries, continuous updates, no language specific libraries, etc.). I am still worried about performance implications and such, but that is a different topic.

But, as I can see, instead of using LCF files for the new smaller libraries, they are stored in a new ".libpack" format. I am not quite sure what this format is, what are the benefits of this format compared to LCF, and whether I should convert my custom libraries to this format (and if so, how)?

Do you have some more detailed info about this format somewhere? or can you tell me more about it here?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
scottjm
Advisor

Libpacks are basically supercharged lcfs. They contain the objects ofcourse. But also language mapping to follow the files set localization language and also folder display mapping so multiple libpacks can be displayed as if there are all loaded together.  I believe there may also be default attribute mapping. 

It is possible to extract a library pack from the Library developer special menu on the GDL toolbar. 

With regard to converting your own libraries over to libpacks, if you aren’t needing multi language support or custom folder display mapping, you are probably best staying with an lcf. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
danielk
Booster

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info. But it is still quite vague. For managing Libraries and to do my own library development I would need to know more.

Where did you get this info? Is there some documentation about this?

Thanks!

Hi Scott,

Could you please provide some info about the "default attribute mapping"? Or maybe you're just hoping for it (I am too to be honest) - meaning one file for attribute management between different projects.

LucaP_0-1720780175649.png

Just asking because I'm already getting hyped about it, but don't want to get my hopes too high.

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
scottjm
Advisor

Hi @danielk ,

I know how you feel about it all being a bit vague. My info is based on information released with the BETA and by decompiling the libpacks and having a poke around.  Fingers crossed there are some new guides added to the GDL reference guide soon. 

@LucaP , it is intended to allow you to have the default attributes like pens and surfaces for an object be preset for a specific localisation. Nothing related to attribute management between files unfortunately.  
I haven’t fully yet delved into how or if it’s actually fully working in the TP yet. I have a vague recollection of seeing something that mentioned it was a ‘coming in the next update’ feature, but I could be confusing that with something else. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Thank you for clarifying, I've completely misunderstood it then.

Probably because of how much I'm eager to hear at least a gossip about GS taking that concept under consideration...

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Barry Kelly

My understanding of how the Global libraries work ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/Global-Libraries-additional-inform...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!