2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024
SOLVED!

Problem with Railing object

Gerald Hoffman
Enthusiast

I have placed numerous railing objects in a rectangular form. These were selected from included Favorites railings. When closing the railing on the fourth side the railing ends shoot past each other and won't join properly. See screen shots of plan and 3D view.

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 8.21.44 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 8.22.08 AM.png

Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

A well known problem. Nobody thought about that 😄

Official recommendation is to put the end not at a corner, where it would need to miter, but somewhere on a straight, so it's less obvious.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
runxel
Legend

A well known problem. Nobody thought about that 😄

Official recommendation is to put the end not at a corner, where it would need to miter, but somewhere on a straight, so it's less obvious.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Thanks. I guess that’s a solution but it would be better if they fixed the problem as it indicates an underlying issue which may also show up in other circumstances when least desired.

cheers,

Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Potato Farmer
Mentor

This was reported during the beta period of the railing tool’s initial launch. It was acknowledged but never addressed, then or since.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

I've been using Runxel's solution since I discovered this issue.

There are a number of problems with railings.

There's a discontinuity between the location of the setting-out line in 2d and 3d and there's the weird gooseneck connections that the tool always wants to make at corners.

The bug where curved complex profile rails weren't working when the endpoints did not share the same z axis seems to have been fixed though.

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!