cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Publishing PDFs

scom570
Booster

I find this infuriating.  I want an option so that when I publish a job, a dialogue box opens up to ask me where I want it saved.  You can still have the default in there like you have now.  I publish and check to my desktop quite a bit.

44 REPLIES 44

@runxel et al, I tried pasting autotext from Rename Items into the Rename Folders dialog for the top level folder of my publisher set. That folder is a shortcut to a subset in my layout book, and the publisher is set to Merge into one PDF. Renaming it manually works fine, but I cannot get the autotext to work, so maybe I am doing something wrong.

Here is the autotext string form Rename Items: <CURRENTISSUECUSTOMPAR2> <CURRENTISSUEDESCRIPTION> [<CURRENTISSUEID>]

And here is what the published file is named: _CURRENTISSUECUSTOMPAR2_ [ ].pdf

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

Hmmm...interesting...

Since the Transmittals and Issues are Layout specific I'm not sure that your approach would work.

I tried renaming the folders with the current issue - butthe problem then is that you can have a folder of, for example, elevations where one out of four drawings have a different revision. It may then have gone out in a trensmittal separate from the other three layouts. The folder is then renamed for the last (current) transmittal. This would bugger your system which (correct me if I'm wrong) essentially means that you publish all layouts all the time. Meaning - when you publish it's always the whole set?!

I haven't drilled deeper but see below:

I have set the AutoText of the top level to: <SourceID>_<CURRENTISSUEID> <SourceItemName>

The latest TransmittalSet is "A" with only one layout in it - A-01-1_A Floor Plans

However, both folders (Floor Plans and Elevations) have the <CURRENTISSUEID>

ErikBjornhage_0-1722979573792.png

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future
SeaGeoff
Ace

Thanks for looking into this. To be clear, the only publisher item I want to rename is the very top level folder, the one that becomes the merged PDF file name.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 3.21.37 PM.png

For full sets we publish using Layouts in Current Transmittal Set. Revisions should not matter since there is still only one current Transmittal Set. And besides, we use the Override Revision ID option so all layouts have the same Revision and Transmittal Set IDs anyway. The publisher clearly recognizes the Transmittal Set since it correctly filters the layouts. And the data we want is readily available, we use it in the revision history object and in autotexts placed on our coversheet.

For us it just makes sense to include the Transmittal Set name in the PDF file name. We do this manually every time we publish a full set. I see no reason this can not be easily automated.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

I see what you mean - and what you want to achieve.

Sure, it would be nice to have the autotext at the top level as well. I'm sure someone at GS could try to explain why it is not working.

For us, this way of working would not be possible - so we don't have that problem.

I'll try to keep this thread in mind if I come across anything useful...

Erik Bjornhage : SwedishChef, ETTELVA Arkitekter, Gothenburg, Sweden
Architect : Digital Development : Graphisoft Cert. BIM-Manager
ETTELVA Arkitekter : Eriks LinkedIn
DELL Precision 5570; i7-12700H; 64 GB; RTX A2000 [8GB] : AC12 - future

Thanks for confirming the top-level name cannot be automated. Seems like a perfect fit for AC29's Quality of Life improvements. And we're already so close.

✔️ Required autotext is already available

✔️ Dialog with picker can be copied from Rename Items

✖️ Add autotext and picker to Rename Folders

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions