Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3d navigator pallette

Anonymous
Not applicable
i just got a powerbook, 1.5 ghz, 512mb ram, not alot i know and archicad v9 runs fine except i can't seem to get the 3d navigator pallette to show.
OX 10.3.7, with and with out the hot fix, no luck.

i've done hide it and then show it and no pallette will appear. also did a fresh install and no luck.

any suggestions?

thanks,
donald mac donald
3 REPLIES 3
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Donald,
Try changing your resolution to the highest you can go to. Then you should be able to see it. Drag it in to the middle of you screen and then change your resolution back to your preferred resolution.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
__archiben
Booster
i'll bet you had a bigger screen before and the 3D palette has been saved with your work environment way off the edge of the powerbook screen. and if you're using the powerbook out of the box it's probably already on the highest resolution it can go.

so i think you're in for reloading one of the standard 'palette' schemes and resaving it once you've sorted out their positions . . . that is unless you still have your old machine around and are able to resave your WE profile on that . . . ?

remember that you don't have to lose your entire profile - just the 'palettes' scheme.

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
that was it, dumping the old pallette scheme. thanks so much, i never would have guessed that!

though it is slow compared to my g5 w/ 2ghz processor and 2gb ram the powerbook g4 at 1.5ghz and 512mb ram does better than i thought it would. at this point, for waht i'm going to be using it for - the g5 wil saty my main machine- i don't think i'll have to add to ram.

thanks again for your help!
donald mac donald