Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 12 - AC13 Requirements

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone,

Just before Christmas last year switched from archiCAD 12 - archiCAD 13. Since then, 3 out of 5 people using archiCAD are having considerable trouble. problems such as not being able to see the rubber band when stretch or dragging objects and lines to only being able to run one instance of archiCAD and sometime even that one instance is incredible slow. Previously these users we able to run at least two instances of archiCAD and had never experienced not being able to see the rubber band. (Keep in mind i've only been working here for 2 months and all other users have only recently switched to archiCAD in the last twelve months).

From my knowledge archiCAD 13 didn't have much greater system/hardware requirements than archiCAD 12 (and from reading the manual it seems as though ram increase was the only change). What i'm trying to work out is why these other users would be experiencing these issues since changing to AC 13. The computers they are using are Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q9400 @ 2.66GHz with 3GB of RAM & a Nvidia Quadro 570FX 256mb. The only difference between mine and theirs is that I have a 580FX 512mb. I believe the majority of the issues are comming from the graphics card they are using as well as the fact that these computers are at the lower end of the spec range.
Can anyone provide any comments on these issues?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone?
Barry Kelly
This problem has been mentioned often in previous posts.
Can be hard to search for if you don't use the same wording as in the other posts but I think "rubber band" will get a few hits.

First check you have the latest video card drivers.
Also check the compatability of that card - there is a card section below and I think there is also info on the ArchicadWiki site.
256MB memeory on the cards is not a lot these days - I would want aty least 512MB as you have.

Lastly you can try playing with the settings in the work environment for Advanced Redraw Options.
Try turning of 2D Drawing Antialiasing and/or pull back the 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration Level slider.

I have found (with other cards) a driver update is enough.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
These articles that were mentioned recently may be useful -

http://www.archicadwiki.com/2D%20Speed%20In%20ArchiCAD%2012
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Display%20Changes%20in%20ArchiCAD%2012

If still no luck it may even be worth buying or borrowing a new graphics card for one machine to see if it makes any difference. It doesn't have to be a flashy workstation spec quadro card, a moderate spec gaming card should be more than adequate for ArchiCAD.