Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC12 lib update, some CW disappeared

Erika Epstein
Booster
I installed the library update for AC12 US archicad notified me was available. I several buildings that are round in section which I made with the Curtain wall tool. The bottom halves were made with copies rotated in 3D to form the bottom half.
When I reopened a file I had closed prior to installing the library update, all the curtain walls I had rotated copies had disappeared!
I just recreated them, but had to redo all the panel customization.

I checked another file that was a version of this project and the same thing had happened: all the bottom halfs were missing.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
16 REPLIES 16
Eduardo Rolon
I did ask my distributor and pointed him to the previous thread about this and based on the reply he has no idea how to proceed with this. Who to contact, etc…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I just found the kitchen cabinets are messed up in the latest "fix". When I select a cabinet which was orginally set for 2' deep, it now appears to be 2'-9" deep and cannot be edited. This is NOT good. What's going on? How can I go back to the old library?
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Jefferson
Participant
Rick wrote:
So far Neil (the guy who makes Real Doors and Windows) has stayed on top of releases and I only had issue once when he did a major rewrite.
And yet GS can't work it out. I understand it's complicated, yet there are multiple add-on options which make their living do this. I WISH some of the folks who have seemingly mastered the areas GS cannot could be subcontracted to get these basic components correct and included in the purchase-upgrade pricing of our software tool set. Call me a whiner, but I expect the most core library parts to function, even if in a limited capacity. It's way past time for this to be corrected.........

Rick thanks for the info........I'll be contacting Neil to ask about a demo. It appears from other posts regarding this library that they appear and list in your door and window schedules like native GS doors + windows do, do I have that correct?

Stephan wrote:
I just found the kitchen cabinets are messed up in the latest "fix". When I select a cabinet which was originally set for 2' deep, it now appears to be 2'-9" deep and cannot be edited. This is NOT good. What's going on? How can I go back to the old library?
Stephan I haven't yet loaded the new library, [AND DON'T BELIEVE I WILL!], so I have zipped copy of it I can send you, unless you've got access to an FTP site.........it's almost 30MB.

Ralph wrote:
The irony here is that the tool is already free for distributors to give to subscribers.........They have offered it free to other distributors, but it hasn't reached many end users...
Amazing Ralph, actually make that mind-numbing, given the circumstances this tool, remains unavailable to the rest of us! Perhaps this is the karmic payback for the lower purchase price of AC state-side. Ralph I did make an attempt, after I inquired with you about your M-J tool, to purchase a copy from GS-UK but received no reply...........do you think that is out of the question, that they might be willing to sell it outright? [Quite a market developing here!] My experience is when no one is working for you try yourself........

Fact is for all the frustration, followed by venting-ranting anyone might do, very few of us will-would actually abandon our investment in AC. But, when does GS step up and show some consolation for hanging in there? I am completely serious when I suggested the Modular Joinery tool should be offered as a reward for that patience! Ralph's Objective tool is the singular add-on I count on for the otherwise unachievable. Not to mention it's ability to manipulate other library parts. It is simply an amazing piece of work so I can only imagine, helplessly, the possibilities he has brought to windows and doors
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Thomas Holm
Booster
Jefferson wrote:
I have also been watching the posts about Ralph Wessel's Modular Joinery tool with tremendous envy! Has anyone state-side been able to acquire it yet? We have to wonder what it's going to take for Graphisoft to make this failure up to us, some consolation until they can rectify the 12 library is in order!! A free distribution of Ralph's tool might go a long ways[ ], as well as reward what appears to be some rather stellar ingenuity!
Jefferson, since GS UK has made Ralph Wessel's Modular Joinery tool freely available to all GS distributors for distribution to their subscriber customers, what you have to do is lean on GS US!

I had to lean on GS Sweden to get it. Seems the distributors and resellers generally are not aware of it, or how useful it might be.

I've added some more info on it there since I don't want to hijack this thread.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Jefferson
Participant
I have uploaded the previous library for anyone else unlucky enough to be having issues with the newer version. [this is the windows version!]It's there for seven days and is just the .LCF, nothing else..........

https://download.yousendit.com/TTZrNHA0YXllaFIzZUE9PQ
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jefferson wrote:
. It appears from other posts regarding this library that they appear and list in your door and window schedules like native GS doors + windows do, do I have that correct?
Yes, they schedule just fine, and in some cases better as ganged windows can count as one. Sometimes they may look a little differently in plan if you use a mix of archicad and smart parts, but as they are different types of doors or windows this hasn't been a problem see here.

Thanks for posting the download!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
As an update to the curtain wall problem about which I started this post...
The project is with 2 others who hadn't updated their Archicads. When I saved modules from the latest build 2523, all curtain walls created in this latest build (2523 on pc) disappeared when placed in the previous build (2420 on pc). I happened to test and confirm this on my pc where I had a copy of the previous build of AC12. The only curtain walls showing in the 3 mod files were ones created in this previous build.
Also missing from the mod files were the roof surfacing added in the latest build.

Since my original post Graphisoft tech supports in both Hungary and the US have been in touch and I just sent off the mod files to add to their collection. Thanks for your help!

I had not experienced this backwards incompatibility within a version of archicad before on solo machines. I've seen this in teamwork but we are NOT teamworked; we are in 3 different offices.

Now to put the previous build back on my mac.
Sigh.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System