BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC15 Won't open at all, but it did before?!?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,
This is a very confusing one...Just installed AC15 last night, and ran it fine, opened up a file from AC13 which I was using fine before (and incidently still opens up fine despite the problem with AC15), downloaded some of the utilities and the hot fix, and left it for the night after installing everything. Went to open up AC15 tonight and after double clicking, it does nothing...multiple attempts and still nothing...as mentioned, AC13 runs fine.....am very confused....also downloaded and installed Artlantis, could there be a conflict somewhere? I also have AC14 installed but never used it....again, could there be a conflict there?

Hope someone can help....

Cheers in advance.

Al
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wee update...
I uninstalled AC15 and 14, and re-installed AC15, tried running it for the first time and still it does not run....tried AC13 and it still runs fine....any ideas??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,
Anyone got any thoughts on my problems experienced?
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Al,

It would help to know what operating system you have, as well as the computer specs. This will help determine any recommendations.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there Nicholas,
Thanks for your post. I am running XP Home and the spec of the computer is:
AMD Athlon 62 x2 Dual processor 4200+ running at 2.21Ghz
it has only 1.5 Gig of RAM, so it is fairly low, and am going to look to upgrade but it doesnt explain why AC15 ran perfectly well the first time, and how AC 13 worked fine before and after AC15 stopped working....am confused...
Have uninstalled all programmes I had installed after AC15 (the hotfix, quicktime, artlantis) and still no joy....
The Graphics Card is an NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE

Any thoughts gratefully recieved....

Cheers

Al
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Al,

Here are some references you should look into if you have not found them already:

Preferences Cleaning: http://archicadwiki.com/PreferencesCleaning

AC15 Install problems: http://archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD15/InstallProblems

My initial guess is that it is a Quicktime or Java issue. In the Install Problems article specifically look at the "Quicktime is outdated" section and perform those actions. Also, visit www.java.com to verify that you have the latest version of Java installed.

Permissions on your system are always worth looking at as well. Make sure there are not folders that are protected on your system that are necessary for ArchiCAD to access. Most obvious is the Graphisoft folder inside Program Files as well as the folders mentioned in the preferences cleaning.

HTH

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your post Nicholas.

In the end I just formatted the computer and started from fresh....I think you are right it maybe being the QTime installation, I recall it being a bit wierd....nevermind, it is all working now...Cheers
Learn and get certified!