cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC19 Systematically Crashing on Mac OSX Mojave?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I've recently upgraded my OS to Mojave (OS X 10.14.4), and I've started having issues while opening DWG/DXF files.

My Archicad 19 (full license, USA version, build #9001, platform Mactel64) is supposedly up to date. However, when I now try to open or import a DWG or DXF file, AC systematically crashes.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not believe that AC19 is compatible with Mojave, you will need to upgrade to at least AC21 I think

Regards
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Scott,
Thank you for your reply.

I'm actually using AC19 on Mojave and if you stick to Archicad files, it works pretty well.

The issue I'm running into is limited to opening/importing DWG/DXF files. Ever since I upgraded to Mojave, AC19 crashes while trying to open this kind of files.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Karl Ottenstein
As Scott said, AC 19 is not supported for Mojave. So, if you have crashes, your only options are to downgrade your OS, boot from a bootable High Sierra clone (which you made before upgrading to Mojave, right?), run a virtual machine that has an earlier MacOS via Parallels Desktop etc (with associated performance hit), or pay to upgrade to AC 21 or 22...

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/84821/
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DGSketcher
Legend
Or AC 23...

A messy workaround may be to import PDFs of the drawings. Depending on how they are created you may be able to explode them into accessible linework to do what you need. On the other hand this may crash as well...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)