Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Accessing old versions without subscription

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I am going into a perhaps permanent change of work and dont plan on keeping my subscription active.

Is there any way to access old files if i need to besides going through and saving them all to the current version?

I have about 18 years of projects.

This seems like kind of a back handed way to keep people active I have been a paying client for a long time . . .
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
If you have version 18 as shown in your signature, then you will be able to open any files from version 10 to 18 using version 18.
If you need to open a file older than that then you will need to download one of the file converters from here ....

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/fileconverter.html

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry,
He mentioned that he is on a subscription. Presumably, after the subscription ends, so does the license.

However, to Mo, you can always run the program in Demo Mode after your subscription ends. This won't let you edit and then save anything, but you can still print.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
Once you have bought an Archicad license, it is yours for life.
So unless the subscription means that Mo is renting the license, he should have no problems.
If he is renting it then unfortunately he will have to return it at the end of his subscription (or maybe it has a time limit that will automatically expire).
Then he will be stuck with just a demo version - no saving.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Guys, please let's not confuse people more than they may be by mixing the terms "rental" with "subscription".

Subscription, or Software Support Agreement (SSA) - known as ARCHIPLUS in the US at least, offers a variety of benefits, however the license to any new releases obtained during the subscription term is permanent. Anyone and everyone who has a license can run any version of ARCHICAD prior to the version that they have. Forever.

Pay-per-use (PPU) or Rental licenses are only usable during the rental period.

See:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/licensing/archicad-license-types/
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl, I think you may be a little confused. See http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/archicad-subscription-available-us-canada.html

The ArchiPLUS SSA is not the "Subscription" that is referred to in the article, and I believe SSA is a completely separate animal. As I understand it, a "Rental" is purchased in blocks of three-month increments, whereas a "subscription" is just monthly, or annual. Neither rental nor subscription requires the initial large buy-in that the SSA does, and which applies only to perpetual licenses. I am willing to take the O.P. at his word that he has an actual "subscription," but I'm not sure how that is possible since he has projects that go back well before subscriptions were in existence.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10