BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 14 doesn't start

Anonymous
Not applicable
After installing HOTFIX 5 - 4044, my Archicad 14 doesn't start in my Windows XP pc.

This is what i see.

Help me!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Nicola,

based on the screenshot something went wrong when patching TWClientBase.dll. Try to disable your Anti-Virus solution (the best is disconnecting all network connections for the period), that might block the installer. Then insert ArchiCAD DVD and run the installation, it will find your current ArchiCAD instance so will run in repair mode. After it will be repaired apply the hotfix again.

Let us know the result,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Everthing is OK.

But why do you not make a possibility to repair only the last hotfix installed (not the double passage repair Archicad and reinstall Hotfix)?

Thank you, goodbye

Nicola
Marton wrote:
Nicola,

based on the screenshot something went wrong when patching TWClientBase.dll. Try to disable your Anti-Virus solution (the best is disconnecting all network connections for the period), that might block the installer. Then insert ArchiCAD DVD and run the installation, it will find your current ArchiCAD instance so will run in repair mode. After it will be repaired apply the hotfix again.

Let us know the result,
Marton
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Nicola,

I am glad that AC works now.
Nicola wrote:
But why do you not make a possibility to repair only the last hotfix installed (not the double passage repair Archicad and reinstall Hotfix)?
In such cases it is important to make sure that all files are ok, with a full repair install this can be done.

Regards,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!