Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 27 Installation (USA Version)

I downloaded the ArchiCAD 27 installer for USA and installed. However, after launching I was presented with a notice that I had no license. I went to the License Manager Tool to update the key, however, no update was available. After calling tech support it turns out the USA "official" release isn't until next week.

So you CAN download, install and run... but all in demo more for the next week.

Just a heads up!

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
13 REPLIES 13
rm
Advisor

Great, Thanks Rex!

Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26

Seems that USA language will have to wait until October 4th.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/AC-27-official-release-date/m-p/399941/highl...

I don't know the intricacies of allowing the licenses to be upgradeable, but if many other languages versions can update theirs (I just checked my AUS licence and it is now 27), it would be nice if GS could do something about the USA licenses before October 4th.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Probably a way to control both key server traffic as well as tech support calls. Get the International upgrades out of the way, then deal with the US the following week.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

Lucky you. In my CZ license i have to wait till 4th too. But there is no rush no plugins ready anyway. 

Karl Ottenstein

My 2 cents is that this issue is simply gross incompetence.  In every prior year, licenses were upgradable to the new version long before that version was even published for download.  It's utter stupidity that certain localizations are available for download but the License Manager Tool has not been enabled....and that nothing has been said about this on the download site or elsewhere.  The silence from Graphisoft HQ is deafening.

Other than this issue - which should be a major embarrassment for Graphisoft - they have followed their rollout roadmap presented early in 2023 very well, including multiple localizations ready yesterday for download.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

But Karl - how do you really feel about it? 🤣

I have all but given up on expecting any replies from GS NA ever since they stopped offering me any tech support 3 years ago, despite my paid SSA.  It really seems GS NA has forgotten all the small firms that supported them when they landed in the US.  Now they seem to only focus on the needs of multi-site customers, the bigger the better.

Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26

i must say this seems the first time as far as i can remember they keep us hanging like this. One really wonders what the reason is.

used to be kevin b
Contributor

October 4 and license still not working, License Manager shows up to date and active until Jan 24 but AC27 will not launch except in Demo Mode

kevin b

AC26 (5002 USA Full), since AC6
Windows 11 Pro
Intel Core i7 -12800H @ 2.4 GHz~ 64 GB ram
Karl Ottenstein

USA license updated without any issue this morning using License Manager - at least for a hardware / Codemeter key.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB