Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD25 bug on Monterey

VladGoo
Contributor

Hello,

my ArchiCAD25 give me a bug when I exit from a project workspace since I installed new version, MacOS Monterey. Have you any idea when will come a update for Archicad who solve this problem or if it's ok to use the program in this condition? 

Best regards VT

46 REPLIES 46
Eduardo Rolon

So… in about 4 weeks 😎

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

timdelheyeian
Booster

After a few weeks of work I am finding some items that do not seem to work properly. I have now upgraded macOS to 12.1 and also done a Repair with the Archicad 4013 installation just to ensure that all is well from an install perspective. 

What is not working are renderings. While both Maxon and Redshift can be called up, neither renderer is currently completing renderings for me. They start and then stall out. Sometimes I get a message that Maxon quit unexpectedly and that I need to restart Archicad. 

Certified Passive House Designer
ArchiCAD 26 (started with v4)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, 32-core graphics
timdelheyeian
Booster

When switching between Maxon Standard and Redshift, I also at times get a message that my hardware is not compatible. Before macOS 12.1 (on 12.0.1) I would get this message every time I try to call up Redshift. 

Certified Passive House Designer
ArchiCAD 26 (started with v4)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, 32-core graphics

Hello, I have the same problem, I just bought a nem Mac book pro with M1 chip, were can I download the Archicad 25 update for this nem Macbook Pro ? 

Thanks 

André 

Currently, there is no native Archicad version for Apple Silicon (e.g. Macbook Pros with M1/M1 Pro chips). Here is an article that talks about it:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/ARM-Mac-support/ta-p/304108

In the article they say:

According to our plans a full commercial release of Archicad 
natively running on the ARM architecture is to be expected in 2022.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Haha hilarious! For a program that is supposed to be Mac based it's pretty sad that Graphisoft is not in front of these kinds of things. Do they have zero relationship with Apple? 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Here is my take on this:

I am not a software developer, but I think software development is very complex and has a lot of dependencies. As far as I know, Archicad internally has various components that are licensed from other companies (e.g. I think: PDF exporter, IFC translator, DWG/DXF translators, Rendering Engines, Energy Evaluation Engine, probably there are many more). Archicad can be Apple Silicon-compatible only if all these critical other components also become Apple Silicon-compatible first, otherwise the Apple Silicon-compatible version of Archicad would have to be released without those feature. And I heard from various sources that certain companies will not create Apple Silicon-compatible versions of their software. For example, I read in CAD news that one 3D modeling kernel developer (sorry, I don't remember which one) decided to not develop an Apple Silicon-compatible version so all those companies that used it have to find some other solution.

Or, some companies may not be in such a rush to develop the Apple Silicon-compatible version, as most of their sales comes from Windows and they have other priorities. 

So, I think it is not entirely Graphisoft's decision whether it makes an Apple Silicon-compatible as soon as possible because it may have to wait until it actually becomes feasible due to these dependencies.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27