Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCad running slow since iTunes update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since iTunes was updated earlier this month, ArchiCad has been running slow (particularly when you select a library object from the toolbar). Apple discussion forums indicate I am not the only one with this problem.

Has anyone found a workaround?

I'm running ArchiCad 9 (2172 Int Full) on a G5 Dual 2G PowerMac (system 10.3.9)
16 REPLIES 16
Dwight
Newcomer
Please link us to the Apple forum posts...
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Details posted on apple discussion forum
Dwight
Newcomer
Well, if a fellow wasn't right up to date on his Apple discussion forum topics, as are you, a direct link for the browser would bring us all up-to-date instantly.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry - I'm new to this message posting thingy so attaching links wasn't the first thing that came to mind!

I hope I've done it right below

ArchiCad running slow
TomWaltz
Participant
Looking at that link, you're the only poster with the problem so far. Am I missing something?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Correct about this particular link. Other comments were posted in connection with the iTunes update and the problem with Disk Utility
TomWaltz
Participant
Really? Searching for "Archicad", I found only one person besides you with that problem.

I cannot say I've had any problems with any of the updates affecting Archicad. I'm not sure how iTunes would affect Archicad anyway (it does not affect OpenGL or any other Apple systems that I am aware of)

Has anyone else responded? Have you heard anything from Graphisoft? Are you sure it's iTunes related and not the Disk Utility you mentioned?
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
just a quick question . . . when was the last time you repaired permissions and the like . . . ?

OSX 10.4.4, iTunes-up-to-the-hilt, 4 open archiCAD sessions, a plotmaker for good luck, mail, safari and many many more all running on an old G4 powerbook = no problems here mate.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having various issues with my computer; but when I went to repair the permissions, the disk utility would not complete the task. In checking various other forums, I found that iTunes 6.0.2 broke the disk utility. Remove iTunes and preferences and re-installl 6.0.1