Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 18 --- My shortcuts don't WORK !! f..k

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm with archicad 18, but i had the same problem with the previous versions. I'm desperate, because i have lot of work to do and its awful without shortcuts. I didnt find any solution to my problem in the forum. Thank you....
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein
There's no reason your shortcuts should not work unless you have another keystroke manager running on your computer.

Show us a screenshot of your Work Environment setting for one of the shortcuts that should work but does not.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
There's no reason your shortcuts should not work unless you have another keystroke manager running on your computer.

Show us a screenshot of your Work Environment setting for one of the shortcuts that should work but does not.

keys.jpg
shtarkel
Participant
Moderator edit: - Only English is allowed on this forum guys. A Google Translation is:

" it is because of his Bulgarian keyboard should be changed to English and then all the shortcuts you will work"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny, I thought the same, but I tried it and it did not!
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks for the screenshot... clearly shows ctrl-D for drag, so I still have to wonder if some other keyboard manager is intercepting the keystrokes so that ArchiCAD does not receive them...

Does your ctrl key work properly in other applications? E.g., can you use ctrl-c and ctrl-v to copy/paste in other Windows apps without a problem? Do those keystrokes work in ArchiCAD?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl, thanks for your suggestions and trying to help me!
My ctr+D , ctrl+c works in other applications. Same keystrokes does not work in Archicad.
I think maybe the problem is in other keyboard manager intercepting the keystrokes, but i don't know how to solve this problem. Maybe i should shut down all processes from task manager, or run Archicad in Safe mode ?
Best regards, Vasil
shtarkel
Participant
What keyboard manager are you using? Try using ArchiCAD in Safe mode and see if there is any difference.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know, i think i'm using default windows 7 keyboard manager. In safe mode, archicad didn't started.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And... if that helps - when i pres ctrl, next to the pointer appears a scissor.